Monday, November 22, 2010

Half Marathon No.2

By Leah.
I honestly never dreamed that I would be able to run a half-marathon in 1:45:03 but that was my official time in the 25th Anniversary Gosport Half Marathon yesterday!

The flat road course was great, and my race highlights included the Spitfire plane flying low overhead while we were running, and the coastal views of the Isle of Wight when we were running back along the promenade on the homeward leg.

Although I always find the last few miles of half-marathons hard-going, I was really pleased to smash three personal bests during the race, not only 6 minutes off my half-marathon training time but, also, I got my 5k personal best at 23:28 and my 10k personal best at 47:52 (which was faster even than I'd run the Highclere Multi-Terrain 10k in September which I hadn't thought I'd be able to improve on)

Robin, Charlotte, Yishi and Robin's parents, Celia and Lewis, all braved the bitter cold to cheer me home and Charlotte & Yishi, in particular, enjoyed their time on the beach whilst I was off running, so much so, that Charlotte came home with a fair few seashells in her pockets too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home