Monday, September 27, 2010

The day I went sub-49!




By Leah.
So I don't do any races for 3 months and then I do 2 in the space of 2 weeks! Yesterday I was the 5th woman aged 18 to 34 home to the finish in the Highclere Castle Multi-Terrain 10k and the 11th woman overall out of 343 finishers. I also got my lifetime 10k personal best of 48:48 gun time so now can officially say that I am a sub-49 10k trail runner!

The views from the course, especially over the hillside, were really stunning and I enjoyed running up with the men for most of it - even if they did keep trying to overtake me! Here are some photographs of me leading the men home at the finish ;-) and, warming up because it was a bit nippy at the start, jogging with my 2yr 10 month old daughter, Charlotte.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home