Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome to the world Charlotte Loyalty Darbyshire



We are absolutely delighted to announce the birth of our first child, a baby girl, Charlotte Loyalty Darbyshire, who arrived at 1.23 pm on Monday 12th November 2007 at St. George's hospital in London, weighing 8 lb 8 ounces (3.85 kilograms).

Unfortunately the birth was not uncomplicated, Charlotte first had to spend 48 hours in the intensive care unit due to breathing difficulties upon birth. Leah also lost a litre of blood in an emergency assisted delivery to rescue Charlotte, narrowly avoided a blood transfusion and has since been on iron tablets, antibiotics and painkillers. However, we are so delighted that both Darbyshire girls are now fully recovered, sleeping together in the maternity ward and are set for discharge tomorrow, Friday 16th November, once Charlotte's course of antibiotics here at the hospital is complete.

We are both ecstatically happy and couldn't be more proud of our daughter who was worth every second. We are now very much looking forward to bringing her home and introducing her to Yishi, just in time to be a new family all together this Christmas.

Thank you to all those who have sent us their thoughts, cards, messages, flowers and gifts during what has been very much an emotional rollercoaster of a week.

Please find photos of our newborn daughter, Charlotte, on our Fiickr pages and we look forward to bringing more news of her shortly.

Charlotte's first Flickr photo album

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:32 am , Anonymous WoollyKitten said...

Dear Robin & Leah

I just wanted to send many congratulations and best wishes on the arrival of your lovely daughter; she is beautiful!

I used to read your blog and enjoy it for what it was and could never understand why so many people seemed to take such great delight in trying to do you guys down.

I clicked on your site by accident one day back in July (it's still in my favourites!) and saw your announcement that Leah was expecting, and so once November came along, I was checking every day or so until you posted that little Charlotte had arrived!

I'm sure you will be a very happy family and I am so glad that you have proved all your detractors wrong - a happy life filled with love is the very best way of sticking two fingers up to all those who doubted you. In a cynical world, people have stopped believing in magical things like love at first sight - I'm currently going through a divorce, but you guys give me hope that love is out there and those magical things can still happen if you open your mind and your heart to it.

Well, this turned out to be more of an essay than I had intended, but I just want to wish you all the love and luck in the world.

Stay happy! xx

 
At 1:00 pm , Blogger Leah & Robin Darbyshire said...

Awww, thank you so much for your very lovely message!

Leah, Robin and Charlotte
xxx

 
At 1:00 pm , Blogger Leah & Robin Darbyshire said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:54 pm , Blogger Paul Walter said...

Many congratulations (although belated), Robin and Leah! What a wonderful shock of hair!

Leah - thanks for your message on newbury.net - I have replied back to you - in case you don't see the replies, I will put the gist of it here.

I am very sorry - you are right - that comment was very hurtful. I have deleted it. I made it in the heat of the moment without knowing the full background you have explained.

Sally was very nice to me and Janet when we lost our son in 1993 (she also lost a young son). She also wrote us a lovely long letter and put us in contact with Compassionate Friends, an organisation of people who have lost siblings or children. They were very comforting to us in our grief. That is why I attended Sally's funeral - because she had been so nice to us in our loss.

I was asked by Nicky McIsaac to help prepare the food (she had been asked to recruit helpers by Sally's mum) - and that was what I did - I was part of the arranging team for the funeral - I was a skivvy.

All the best to all three of you! Hope to see you some time.

Paul

PS. If letting "bygones be bygones" and saying sorry when I realise I have hurt someone is "two faced" - then I am guilty as charged! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home